Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 359.

Dear New Husband,

A very productive day as we continue to do evaluations and meet kind, yet hurting people. I can't even grasp the edge of what these people have been through. . . It makes me even more grateful for the peace in our country.

Yes, not all the friends place nice with one another. Yes, if our country was Kindergarten, then no one is following the rules or sharing their toys or not saying anything at all if they can't say anything nice.

But, you know, I don't have to worry about whether my government is trying to persecute me. I don't have to worry about being evicted from our apartment, where my next meal is coming from or if we have enough money.

We won the lottery on nothing we merited. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for the life we get to live and the simple fact that I get to share it with you.

Plus, teaching people weird words in English is incredible. You should try it sometime. You will laugh and smile for the rest of the day. Simple pleasures.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment