Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 362.

Dear New Husband,

My last full day here consisted of networking with others, meetings and an authentic dinner.

Granted, on our way to dinner we passed a demonstration. . . Such a weird thing for me. We live in a country of free speech and I seldom get to see things like what I saw tonight.

It's good for me to see these things - a reminder that I do have the freedoms that I forget about so regularly. The main reasons I forget about them is because my general rights as a human are not being violated. I know many Americans have a lot of problems with our country [I do too] but we are way ahead of the curve than we think we are.

This trip has been full of challenges, but they are valuable challenges. These are challenges that we need to face to grow, improve and for me to learn what it is like on the other side of the world; to learn what it is actually like implementing what I have helped create. This has been so important for me, and I'm so grateful that I've gotten the chance to be here.

And I'm so grateful to come home to you.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment