Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 365.

Dear New Husband,

First, this will not be the last letter. Tomorrow is the last letter, as that's the day our marriage really began.

Second, I'm so sorry that my "Year in Review" scrapbook [Get it?! A scrapbook for our PAPER anniversary?! I'm amazed at my cleverness] wasn't finished. In my defense, I did go on an unexpected journey - so I didn't have as much time to finish it. 

I do feel bad it isn't finished. Makes me feel like I made it out of macaroni.

But this anniversary hasn't exactly gone how either of us would've planned, I think. I am jet-lagged, my present is unfinished and you are sick. 

However, when has anything ever gone as we would have liked in our marriage? This journey is definitely not anything that is the fruit of our best laid plans. We have grown, despite our plans.

I love you better today than I did one year ago.


I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment