Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 123.

Dear New Husband,

Originally, I was going to make this blog post pretty short; it would have consisted of this one line:

I am very thankful that Wednesday is left over night. And that the Brazilian Butt Blast is done. For now.

Instead of caving to my tired-ness and exhaustion and slight frustration at myself for ever deciding to commit to writing you a letter every day, I wanted to express how thankful I am for the exhausting life we have built together. Being busy is a pleasure. . . I remember when I first moved here; not really knowing any one that lived here. There were a few people from college and family members, but they were in school or had built lives or lived way too far away. I remember watching DVR'ed episodes of So You Think You Can Dance, or Beverley Hills 90210 [Still feeling scandalous that I was watching it because I was never allowed to watch it as a kiddo] wishing I had something to do.

Wow, I sound super pathetic. But truly! I was happy - just a little bored. But now, we have a life. We have friends and a home base and so many things that occupy our time. So instead of complaining, I have to remember that this is a gift. This life we have together is a gift. Being together and doing things together is such a beautiful gift.

I love you,
Your Tired and Thankful New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment