Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 129.

Dear New Husband,

I'm glad I can talk you into Pinterest recipes that actually look terribly horrifying to you, i.e. the cornbread mix and turkey hot dogs we had tonight that translated into corn dogs made with the aid of a muffin tin. But when I told you how cheap Jiffy cornbread mix is, I appreciated that you became more open to the idea. And hey! Tasty!

I'm just so thankful that I married someone who has knowledge about household things. Not that I'm a complete ignoramus; if the apartment started wanting a dissection of classic art and literature or the impact of feminist theories and CBT on the profession of social work or the apartment needed endless quotes from the original "Star Wars" trilogy - I'm your girl. But since the apartment has yet to ask for any of those things and since you're taller and more muscle-y than me, then well. You get to do all the hard stuff. So I'm thankful I married a man who knows enough about Tim 'The Tool Man' Taylor types of things and enough about Dr. Sheldon Cooper types of things. But has more social skills than either of them.

Thankful for you, your skills and your talents.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment