Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 156.

Dear New Husband,

Despite the annoying and ridiculous allergy business that has decided to take up residence in my eyes, lungs and throat, it was an enjoyable evening with you. 

Finally getting our plates and bowls to finish out the last of the wedding gift cards we have was satisfying and somehow bittersweet. No more wedding gifts. No more thank you notes. . . Sigh. I liked writing thank you notes. I still do; but what else is new. This is what happens when you have a Texan mother - you end up saying things like "Bless your heart" and taking pleasure in writing thank you notes.

But I'm so glad I have you to lug around heavy dishes and follow me around Ulta while I try to figure out where on Earth they keep the finger nail clippers. I mean seriously, why isn't it back with the nail polish?! Ugh.

Thanks for being you, for being finished with Monday night classes and always being up for frozen yogurt.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment