Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 170.

Dear New Husband,

Well. We both survived our first day of school. My last first day of school ever [Well, unless I really pursue that pipe dream of law school. I really cannot help myself. I love learning #hermionegrangerprobs] and your first day of your second semester of graduate school. Its even more darling that our classes are at the same time. 

But as an old pro at higher education, let me encourage you with these tips:

1. Write down all of your due dates in a place that you look at regularly. For me that's a planner. For you, that would be my face. So get out your permanent marker.

2. Please don't raise your hand in class when the professor has less than 20 minutes of class left. Everyone hates that. Including me. If you do that, well. I'll still love you but think you're a dweeb.

3. Just don't raise your hand. No one likes that one opinionated/brown-nose kid. Yes, even if that person is someone as adorable as you.

4. Take snacks to class. Those vending machines are asking you for $2 for a bag of Peanut M&M's. Just say no and eat the fruit snacks I so lovingly purchased for you.

5. Observe the parking lot rules. Parking lot attendants on university campuses are more oppressed than the cast of Les Miserables and will give you a ticket for whatever they deem necessary. I got a parking ticket my first semester of graduate school because I put my parking pass on the wrong side of my windshield. . . .Pause for reaction.

With these tried and true tips, I'm sure you will succeed! Although I'm sure you would succeed if you ignored me. But this is cuter.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment