Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 12.

Dear New Husband,

Having lived alone for the last 3 years, I am suddenly learning a lot about myself by living with another person. The biggest one is that, left to my own devices, I have the eating habits of a 17-year-old male. Which is why I felt so wretched/yuck today. Thanks for not rubbing it in my face by saying: I bet that Frosty you had at 10 pm last night did you in. Because I was totally saying that to myself. So thank you for reminding me to eat vegetables and for only laughing, instead of passing judgment when I say things like: I think I have scurvy.

Thanks for taking me out for yogurt any way tonight. I enjoyed slurping down my somewhat melted yogurt while perusing the aisles in World Market; pretending what each item would look like in our new home. Especially the English floral tea towels and that green enamel Dutch oven. Wink Wink. Nudge nudge. Blatant hint hint.

Thank you for agreeing to go see Hunger Games twice in 2 days. I didn't even have to use my youngest child Bambi eyes or the 'cute' voice to manipulate you. You really weren't kidding when you said you loved me, huh?

And don't worry - I really don't mind watching March Madness. I'm glad I called the Wisconsin v. Syracuse game.

Husband: What team do you want to win?
Wife: Syracuse. Because they wear orange like Oklahoma State.

Clearly you don't mess with that kind of logic

This is kind of a long one, but I missed you a lot today and you are seriously earning your husband points today. What a hunk. Thanks for being my best friend. I'm so excited to see what you do with your life next. And guess what? I get to be a part of it. So delightful.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment