Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 278.

Dear New Husband,

Despite the movie we went to go see ended up being a dud [Playing for Keeps, in case anyone was wondering, is pretty 'meh' - wait for Redbox], I enjoyed venturing to the new 'Bar & Grill' movie theater that has opened up down the street from us. The seats were comfy, but they are so obviously learning how to provide service in a very dimly lit movie theater.

One of your sweetest qualities is how gracious you are to businesses that have just opened. You are so polite when the service is somewhat terrible, and are incredibly patient with wait staff that is trying to figure out how to serve food and drinks in between rows and rows of moviegoers that are silently, yet passive aggressively, munching on their "tardy" food.

In those moments, I'm so proud to be your wife. Rather than hitch my wagon to a man that is openly complaining about the service, you somehow seem to find a bright spot and encourage how to improve. As we strolled back to our car, you even talked about how you wanted to come back, when I know there were others that did not share your optimistic view. You make me proud and inspire me to bite my tongue.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment