Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 293.

Dear New Husband,

After realizing we had some things at work that were time sensitive, we decided to drive back to Dallas today. I always leave my parents house wishing we could spend way more time there than either of our schedules allow, but I think that's a good thing; I don't dread going, and I dread leaving. I am fortunate.

So we traveled back across state lines to our home - an overflowing snail mail box, dirty laundry, several piles of unattended belongings from our Mexico trip, and other neglected responsibilities. The vacation had to end sometime!

But I still can't bear to take down our Christmas stuff. Maybe, if we pretend enough, it will still be Christmas until the end of January. Right? Right. Delusion is in the spirit of Christmas, right? I mean, Santa Claus is still a thing!

Just let me have this one.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment