Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 296.

Dear New Husband,

Tonight, we ring in a New Year. And we rang it in with what I would consider to be our Best Palzz here in Dallas. I know, Best Palzz is not the most correct, exciting or adult term to use in reference to adult friends of ours, but, well, I couldn't think of anything more witty or exact. Plus, the four of us are sort of done being adults for a little bit. So Best Palzz it is.

Though these letters are for you, many people have told me how much they enjoy reading this, as well as my honesty about the joys and sorrows of marriage. To all of those who have told me how much they enjoy and appreciate my honesty, I say thank you. I don't consider myself a brave or important or a person that lives a valuable or big life, but I hope that by documenting our journey as newlyweds I show that this marriage business is tough stuff; its not an answer to a problem or a question, its a choice. Marriage certainly makes life more rich, therefore I'm glad to be honest that being rich in marriage requires being rich in humor, faith, patience, forgiveness, respect and enduring affection.

As we begin 2013 I hope its as sweet as 2012, but more wise than 2012. I hope we can continue to bravely blaze this trail of honesty in marriage. 2012 was timeless - it was the year we got married, the year we traveled to secret places on the Earth that few have seen or heard of, the year we moved into two different residences, the year we faced a lot of tribulation, the year you started graduate school and the year I finished graduate school. 2012 has been wonderful, but dear one - I know the best is yet to come.

Especially since we realized we have leftover sparklers from our wedding that we can light up tonight. Hooray! Everyone wins with scars and firework accidents!

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment