Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 297.

Dear New Husband,

We spent the first day of 2013, not eating Hoppin' John or any kind of black eyed peas - instead, we spent the day helping our Best Palzz paint their new home, and celebrating the lopsided bowl victory of my Oklahoma State Cowboys. I could not think of a better way to ring in 2013 than with paint, friends, and a harsh beat down of Purdue in a bowl game. Viva la 2013.

I truly enjoyed seeing how handy you were in the empty, paint fume-y home - its exciting for me to realize that you are incredibly knowledgable in regards to home renovations and solutions to home problems. What a delight for me to discover that your secret talent is helpful to our future. Whereas my secret talent of being able to identify any actor and what movies/television programs they acted in, as well as being able to quote obscure lines from movies is not necessarily helpful. Unless we get on a game show where those factoids are actually considered to be intelligence that would make me a MENSA member.

Thanks for always bringing something to the table, and for always wanting to serve alongside of me.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment