Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 302.

Dear New Husband,

A Sunday spent grocery shopping. Naturally, that meant going to three different grocery stores with coupons and pricing knowledge in hand. . . I'm now laughing at me beginning that sentence with 'Naturally'. There's probably not anything natural about bargain grocery shopping at three different grocery stores, but hey. We work for a non-profit and have an unholy amount of student loans to pay off. So. I guess that makes it natural for us to be frugal.

Anyway, I enjoy doing those things together. One of the main reasons is you are my portable human calculator, with a mind like a Swiss Army watch. I don't have to stand there with my bachelor of arts and my master's in social work, wondering what the price per unit is on a thing of pickles. Oh no - I have you, darling one.

Plus carrying all those things of soda by myself stinks.

Thanks for bargain hunting when all you really wanted to do today was watch football. And for figuring out the Tetris game that is putting our Christmas decorations back into our overflowing closet. You strengthen your man card when you put your wife first.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment