Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 299.

Dear New Husband,

Marathon day. A day that started in the morning and ending well into the evening. A day that consisted of miles driven from our office in the suburbs, to the downtown epicenter of a neighboring city.

Though I don't necessarily wave the banner or advocate for working 11-12 hour days [I mean, really. Life is short. Let's all have dinner in our respective home instead of in our cubicles], I enjoyed our 12 hour day because we get to talk about the gift it is to do the job we do with passionate & bright college students.

Those kids know their stuff about humanitarian aid and what is/isn't effective, and they are the ones that inspire me to keep on keepin' on. Because as glamorous as our jobs sound [Which, if I've been making it sound glamorous, then I have been LYING TO YOU] they are not glamorous. But passions, callings, and/or fulfilling vocations aren't glamorous. I mean, I'm sure Fergie has things that she has to do for her job that aren't G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S.

But I'm thankful for what we get to be a part of and that we get to invite others to be a part of this journey. There's no one else I would want to answer Q&A sessions with.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment