Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 306.

Dear New Husband,

Originally, we were planning on spending tonight with another night at home with another heaping bowl of leftovers. Seriously. That's the last time I'm making soup in a crock pot  Well. Maybe not the last. But seriously, we have had enough food from cooking at home this weekend to feed a small militia.

Anyway, I'm glad for the happy interruption of friends who invite us out to dinner & movie at one of the many 'movie and an eatery' establishments in our area. Because we needed all of the sore abs that came from laughing so hard at This is 40, as it has been one heck of a long week.

I've been so busy, and stressed at work that it was nice to go out and pretend to be a normal, functional member of a larger society. That stress showed up in an unexpected form as I left my iPhone [Affectionately known as Iris the iPhone] somewhere out in the lobby of the movie theater. I then proceeded to think that my phone was gone, sold, and someone somewhere had just bought the entire series of Friends using the money they got from profiting from my negligence.

But you were kind and gentle, as you always are. And you hid your annoyance very well, as you always do. So. . . You're welcome for the adventure. You signed up for the ride of a lifetime and I just want to make sure you got your money's worth.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment