Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 309.

Dear New Husband,

NFL Playoffs. Two words that I never thought I would become part of my weekend concerns. Ever.

And then I got married.

However, you diligently ran errands with me today! Those errands occurred in between two playoff games, but still - you were not overly concerned about missing the opening, nor did you try to rush us home for any reason.

THEN. You earned your keep even more by watching Downton Abbey [Which, admittedly, you enjoy], Once Upon a Time [Which, admittedly, you also enjoy] and the Golden Globes with me. The main reason we both actually wanted to watch the Golden Globes?

Tina & Amy.

Yes, I'm on a first name basis with Tina Fey & Amy Poehler - why shouldn't I be? I mean, seriously. They were awesome. I love women that show that women can be anything they want to be: funny, smart, witty, pretty, nerdy, weird, and above all - never take themselves seriously. Right on, Tina & Amy.


Though Tina & Amy were hilarious, you still diligently sat through my commentary on other's clothing choices, and listening to me weep every time someone thanked their spouse in their acceptance speech.

Just another night at home.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment