Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 318.

Dear New Husband,

All I can remember about today is the discovery that I am actually an introvert.

Seriously, this is so odd to me. I took all those personality assessments and quizzes and what not, and they all told me the same thing: Extrovert. But you revealed I'm a sociable introvert: I can hold a conversation with anyone, but I really prefer to be alone.

And after a conversation that started in one location, and inevitably ended in another location, it was revealed how much I like my alone time - enough to be quantified as an introvert.

Not that I'm upset with this diagnosis. To be honest, it makes me feel a lot better about spending time alone.

So thanks for recognizing the fellow introvert in me, and suggesting that I spend some time watching Gilmore Girls. All. By. Myself. . . Bliss.

Thanks for seeing what I need before I realize I need it. And thanks for trying to encourage areas where I need to be encouraged. This is always going to be a learning process, and some days we get to be behind the learning curve.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment