Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 317.

Dear New Husband,

I took today off. Which, is a perk of having the jobs we have: Being able to take a day off after working a considerable amount the last two weeks. And I'm so glad I took today off, so I could watch the Presidential Inauguration.

I've heard a lot of grumbling about how 'We already inaugurated this President', and 'Why should we do this again' business. Well, no matter who you voted for, I think inaugurating a President is important for all of us to see, because it is amazing to see how peacefully we swear in our leaders - no rioting, no burning tires in our streets. In the places we have been and seen, this is not always the case. Thus, I'm proud to have a peaceful inauguration that shows that the democratic process in the United States is strong, even when some may not like who was sworn in.

Plus, we get to show off our national treasures: marching bands, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson. America is the best.

Unfortunately, we ended our day with both of us getting sick. Thanks for nothing, dinner.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment