Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 301.

Dear New Husband,

A somewhat slow paced/lazy Saturday. Thanks for stepping into a day similar to the days we had off of work in between Christmas and New Years: Slow mornings filled with The West Wing, dirty bowls that once contained cereal, and folding laundry.

Its hard to believe our first 'married' Christmas is over. I feel somewhat forlorn putting Christmas decorations away each year, but this one feels even more forlorn. . . It means we're one step closer to no longer being newlyweds. I don't know what it is about the idea of newlyweds or the fact that the term newlyweds itself conjures up imagery of blissful ignorance, but I like being one of those things.

I like being a newlywed, and I have a sneaking suspicion I will really enjoy being retired. . . So I've got a lot of space in between life events that I have really been looking forward to; I suppose that explains why I'm feeling a little melodramatic about no longer being a newlywed.

Anyway, I enjoyed our evening playing games with friends, laughing over life, and word games. Such a sweet time we get to live in and such sweet lives we get a chance to be a part of. Although how anyone puts up with my jokes and antics, I'll never know.

I mean, I'm still confused how I tricked you into binding your life to mine. I mean. C'mon.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment