Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 354.

Dear New Husband,

First full day in a very ancient city - but it doesn't feel that ancient at all. So many Western/American things here, its hard to believe that its an ancient city. As well as the fact that I'm 8 hours ahead of you.

At least if the end of the world comes, then I can send you an email really quick to let you know that the end is coming.

Had a pretty good day - spent about 7 US Dollars on coffee and wifi, so you can imagine how indignant I am about that. To add insult to injury, it was Starbucks coffee too. Rats.

Then, had lunch, talked over some more things with the office here and then went to the grocery store. Where Jenn and I were both indignant at prices. But, the things you do when you travel: Spend more money than you ever would at home for a box of crackers. Fortunately, the exchange rate is in our favor, but still - you know how I get riled up over these things.

After we walked/schlepped our groceries back to where we are staying, we cooked dinner. On a related note: Gas stoves are controlled by demonic forces. I'm sure of it.

Thankful that I have you to come home to.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment