Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 182.

Dear New Husband,

Despite the serious sinus troubles I'm experiencing [I've taken 4 sinus congestion/headache pills today & still have a blazing headache. . . Why does my head weigh so much?! And why does all the snot in my body want to collect in places that it shouldn't collect in?!] I had such a fun time with you 'brave soldiering' around Granbury. Despite feeling comatose and slightly unaware of what was happening for most of the day, I enjoyed a little getaway with you; exploring a town square, having a nice meal and watching Elizabethtown. Also, who knew Kirsten Dunst could play such an annoying character? So annoying you fell asleep before me. What the crazy?

As a social worker, I know how important self care is [Soapbox: Sometimes, you need to be selfish. And I don't think its selfish to take some time out for yourself so you can work hard and school hard. . . Yeah. School hard. Deal with it] and this little getaway was just the ticket. Thanks for being you.

I love you & I love going to bed early,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment