Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 183.

Dear New Husband,

As much as I enjoyed our stay at a sweet little Bed & Breakfast in Granbury, I really hate awkward chit chat with complete strangers. Why can't I be American this one time and have a private table where I don't have to talk to anyone? Mornings are so terrible anyways, why do I have to talk about weather and Tex-Mex food with a couple that we still don't know what their story is. For the record, I still think engaged. But an odd dynamic.

I really hope they're not cheating on their spouses at such a sweet B&B. Oh well. But I enjoyed the ride back, listening to my favorite Bossypants person ever: Tina Fey. Audiobooks are truly lost on the masses. What's better than being read to by a snarky, hilarious, lady? Nothing. Except for a small child with a speech impediment reading Harry Potter books: Gwiffendor. Wavenclaw.

I'm so glad we have friends that make me feel like I have great things ahead. And that shut down Pei Wei with us. The 16-year-old inside me feels so rebellious: "I shut down a Pei Wei this weekend, what did you morons do?" Yikes.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment