Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 35.

Dear New Husband,

We went to our first wedding since our wedding. I have to say, it struck such a sweet chord with me about how lucky I am to get to be with you. I know how much I love you; heck, I'm writing a letter to you ever day so you know all the things I love about you and our new life together. But there is something so profound and resounding to watch others make a marriage covenant to each other; the same we have made to one another. I get an amazing reminder that somehow, I got to marry you.

Even today, remembering how I felt 35 days ago - it was happy shock. I couldn't believe that someone actually picked me. I hope that every day, I show you how thankful I am that you chose me to spend your life with. And that every day I show you that the greatest adventure I could ever have doesn't lie overseas or in a distant city, it lies in being your wife and partner in life.

Even if I don't eat bananas before a race and whine at 6:45 in the morning. I'm just not adventurous before noon.

I love you,
Your New Wife who is so glad she married someone way more athletic than her.

No comments:

Post a Comment