Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 46.

Dear New Husband,

Again, on Wednesdays I always feel like I come up with an empty letter. Mainly because Wednesdays are truly my busiest day and I don't really get to see you and hear about your day until 9:30 or whenever we get out of home group. We don't get our normal work jokes or leisure evenings on Wednesdays.

I did, however, hear a Cake song today that reminded me of me and you. . . And you're probably looking up the lyrics thinking "Huhwhaaaa?" Just wait. Listen to the song first. The joke comes after the YouTube link.


I had a nice laugh for a really long time - though I had definitely heard this song before (Cake was a favorite band in high school), taking into consideration how outlandish it was made me so thankful that one of the only things you expect out of me is that I make the bed every morning. I'm thankful that you had guys in your life that were realistic and told you what it would really be like to live with a girl and that our hair gets everywhere. But I'm incredibly thankful you have dudes that don't expect a woman like Cake does. I think that's the whole point of the song. Just took me 10 years to figure it out.

You have to admit though, I do have fingernails that shine like justice. Sadly, somehow, I don't have a machete. . .

2 month anniversary gift?

I love you,
Your New Wife who probably shouldn't be allowed around a machete. Or any kind of sharp object. Not even a letter opener. Or a thumb tack.

No comments:

Post a Comment