Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 40.

Dear New Husband,

While you were off playing soccer, I sat at home and reorganized our kitchen to accommodate the behemoth of a birthday present you got me!

And then I sobbed through the last half of The Young Victoria and ate more Oreos than a normal person should in one sitting.

I know most girls watch a love story and identify with the female heroine; reading way into the plot and subtext, saying that she and her beloved are that couple. But really, give us titles and tiaras and I'd say we'd get pretty close to Victoria and Albert. I mean, I consider myself to be a plucky, cheeky, punchy lady. And yet somehow, an unsuspectingly sweet man got convinced he couldn't live a day without me. I still don't know how I pulled that trick off.

I don't want to be too bold, but I would bet my brand new stand mixer that you would take a bullet for me

And then I would call you stupid through my sobs. See example below.


I love you,
Your New Wife that hopes you never die. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment