Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 54.

Dear New Husband,

Watching you make fried chicken and figuring out how to make such a delicious, yet somehow inexplicably complicated, meal was so life affirming. In other words, as good at cooking as you are and as terrible at cooking as I am, even you get stumped sometimes; not gloating, just excited that we are still on the same cooking level in some respects - that there are still things that challenge you. By the way, adding chives to the mashed potatoes? Brilliant.

I missed you today and really enjoyed reflecting on your antics from this past week. For example, remember that time when you forgot that we lived together? Or remember that time that we forgot our free tickets to the movie last night? Or remember that time we ate dinner at the mall and you insisted on stopping for every free sample? Oh honey. You are the cutest. And most unintentionally funny person that I know.

I'm getting more and more excited that you get to travel with me in just a handful of weeks. New experiences and new worlds and new places that we get to experience as New Husband and Wife.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment