Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 52.

Dear New Husband,

Currently, I'm supposed to be writing a final paper on feminist theory and the dynamics between it and domestic and intimate partner violence. Instead I decided to write you this letter. . . This letter is to let you know that after almost 6 hours of working on said paper, I almost despair in humanity. 

But I feel extremely extremely blessed that I have a man that values me as a woman and as his partner in life. And a man who doesn't think I'm too Liberal and doesn't think my unending desire to see equal pay for women, longer maternity leave and longer/paid paternity leave and social justice for women everywhere is a pipe dream. You desire justice for those with little or no voice and you love people at their broken places, too; these are just some of the reasons I decided binding my life to yours was a pretty keen idea. This and the fact that you're unpacking boxes from my old apartment while I sit here and dawdle on the Internet.

So thank you for loving me as I am and showing me that I am enough. Thank for you always being proud of me and making my dreams, your dreams.

I love you,
Your New Wife.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to know that your dawdling turned into something so sweet :)

    Now i get to sit here and listen to baseball on my hand crank radio and appreciate that you don't think i'm just some dumb sports fan and that i bring so much more to the table. Thanks for being the sweetest! I love you!

    GO RANGERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete