Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 78.

Dear New Husband,

Well. You're sick. Its nice having the tables turned for once. Now before you think I'm the 2nd most heartless woman on the planet [Behind Jezebel. Home girl totally gets top billing], its nice that I get to take care of you for once. You're always taking care of me, and it is so refreshing that I get to take care of you!

I feel like I need to log some caretaker hours for all the ones that you have logged.

Despite you falling ill, I enjoyed our time together. Getting to spend time with ex-pats here, hearing them tell about what life looks like here - I love refreshing honesty and vulnerability. And, seeing what a Chinese shopping mall looks like. I know you didn't get to see it, but its so fascinating - seeing how someone had a dream to make something successful and it didn't work out. . . Okay that's really depressing upon further reflection, but your weirdo wife found it interesting.

I love you,
Your New Wife who should've studied cultural anthropology.

No comments:

Post a Comment