Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 67.

Dear New Husband,

Rangers win!!! Dollar hot dogs!!! Yu Darvish pitched and they played the intro to Soulja Boy which I felt was way more clever than everyone else did!!! We got our tickets before we knew Darvish was pitching so got them at a third of the price as everyone else!!! Awkward couple next to us on their first date!!! Gary Sinise throwing a really terrible first pitch!!! Annoying people behind us spouting stats like they know!!! We're still married!!!

As we speculated about what date the couple next to us was on, upon further awkward reflection/creeping we realized it was their first, we talked about how there isn't that rush of new-ness and excitement that comes with a budding relationship. Sometimes I miss that, but I would never trade it for the hilarity of shared memories, the penny pinching of only coming on dollar hot dog night, or the sweetness of sharing a bag of kettle corn at a ball game. 

Plus, with the new perspective of marriage, why would anyone want to date? Someone drives you everywhere and buys you snacks? Pass. So thanks for taking me out of that game and for continually taking me to Ranger games (I thought that was a wonderful segue-way. If you think so too, give me a high five after you read this).

I love YU,
YUr New Wife (Seriously. The Yu puns are killing me. Expect more. Sorry I'm not sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment